The marathon race of the World Championships will take place on the River Tiber.
The start and finish line and the portage will be in the same area (yellow arrow in the middle). There will be two turning points all marked with five small red buoys. The start will be a held start, and the first 1450 meter will be straight to turning point 1 (left on the picture).
From the last turning point 2 (right on the picture) to the finish line will be 700 meter.
The depth of the water will be at least 3 metres. A 70 metres portage is placed on the bank of the river near the finish line.
The portage areas are clearly shown by guide ropes and marked with red and yellow marks at the disembarkation and embarkation places. The disembarkation will be on pontoons, and the embarkation from the bank.
The portage will allow at least four K2’s to be portaged simultaneously.
Start-1450 metres downstream-turning point 1-1450 metres upstream (include turning point) to the portage-70 metre portage-700 metres to turning point 2-700 metres-finish line (one lap) (anticlockwise turns)
- Seniors kayak men - 7 laps, 7 portages (30,1 km)
- Seniors women and seniors C-men - 6 laps, 6 portages (25,8 km)
- Under 23 men Kayak - 6 laps, 6 portages (25,8 km)
- Under 23 women and C-men - 5 laps, 5 portages (21,5 km)
- Juniors men kayak - 5 laps, 5 portages (21,5 km)
- Juniors women and juniors C-men - 4 laps, 4 portage (17,2 km)
Marathon news: www.sportscene.tv/flatwater/marathon/news
Event website: www.rome2012.org